Leatherwood Mountains is an exceptional area for a Blue Ridge Mountain vacation full of fun outdoor activities such as NC hiking and fishing. NC hiking along Brownie’s Branch, fish or fly fish North Carolina’s area creeks for rainbow trout or small-mouth bass, take a horseback riding lesson, wade in the small creek in the meadow, go for a picnic, take a dip in the pool or the big creek, smack a tennis ball on one of our two courts, sleep better than you can believe, visit with the folks hanging out at the stables, stroll in the meadow, sit in a rocking chair on the porch and enjoy the fantastic view of the mountains fading into the distance, go to Boone, Blowing Rock and Wilkes County. Check out the many things to do in the NC Mountains during your Blue Ridge Mountain Vacation.
- Horseback Riding – Trails or Lessons
- Fish in our 2 stocked ponds or native streams
- Creek walking
- Have a picnic
- Relax at the pool (summer)
- Close proximity to Ski Slopes
- Close proximity to High Country Attractions
- Volleyball & Basketball Courts
- Bird Watching
- Play Tennis
- Local Canoeing & River Trips
- Fly Fishing Basics or Advanced – let us schedule your trip.
- Area Zip Lining
- Buffalo Game Lands Access