COVID-19: Health and Safety Update
The health and safety of Leatherwood Mountains Resort guests and staff is always our top priority. With regard to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to provide answers to questions you may have now and in the future.
Dear Friends and Family of Leatherwood Mountains,
It is extremely difficult to know the right choices to make during these trying, and fearful times. One decision that is not difficult is to make sure and do everything possible in order to protect the health of those that matter to us, and to follow the advice of the leaders in our federal, state, and local offices. Decisions will be made on a day by day basis concerning events and happenings that have been planned for Leatherwood Mountains Resort. Know that we are doing all that we can to ensure that if you choose to spend time here, we are being extra diligent in doing our part to minimize the effects of COVID-19, or the Coronavirus, as it is commonly called.
At our facilities outside the gate, we have set up extra sanitizing stations both inside and outside our buildings. You will find numerous spray bottle stations with recommended hand sanitizers, and our employees are being trained even further on the best methods to protect all concerned. We will be monitoring the status of this virus daily and will make changes as needed in order to protect our customers, staff, friends, and family.
While we are taking these extra steps and are using precautionary measures, we are also hopeful and remain positive for a good outcome. We also realize that Leatherwood Mountains has been a place of peace, comfort, and respite for many people over the last 30 plus years… because of this, we will strive to do everything in our power to make sure it remains that way. We will be keeping our doors open, and welcome you to still come and enjoy the serenity that this place provides.
Stay vigilant, and be kind to one another.
Please refer to the information below for guidance; we will continue to update this page as new information becomes available.
Your Friends at Leatherwood Mountains Resort
Updated March 13th
- We are open and welcoming guests to our Blue Ridge Mountain Resort.
- Stringent sanitation procedures are already part of Leatherwood’s daily operations. In addition, hand sanitizers are available in convenient locations for guest use.
- We ask that all staff members and guests be aware of their own health and not report to work or visit Leatherwood should they suspect any illness, including any illness of family members.
- Our staff will be continuously disinfecting door handles, countertops, faucets, and all high traffic areas.
- The cleaners in our rental homes have always done a fantastic job of making sure that we have a safe and clean environment for our guests, but as you can imagine, we have increased those procedures as an extra precaution.
- We continue to implement preventative measures in line with recommendations from state, and local health officials.
- We are closely monitoring updates and guidelines for any changes to ensure we are prepared and planning accordingly.