Leatherwood Mountains Resort, surrounded by the majestic NC Blue Ridge Mountains, provides an idyllic setting for memorable stays in our equestrian paradise. Something that sets us apart from other NC Blue Ridge Mountain resorts for family getaways is the plethora of outdoor activities that cater to all ages. It’s a place where loved ones can bond with each other and with nature, creating cherished moments that will be cherished for years to come.
5 Reasons To Book Family Getaways in the NC Mountains
- Explore Scenic Hiking Trails: Guests can embark on a family hiking adventure through the nearby hiking trails during their getaways in the NC Blue Ridge Mountain landscape. Leatherwood Mountains Resort features over 75 miles of hiking trails with several access points to the Appalachian Trail. The nearby city of Boone also has many hiking trails to explore. Don’t forget to pack your camera or smartphone to capture the beauty along the way.
- Horseback Riding for All Ages: Leatherwood Mountains Resort is an equestrian paradise. Your family will have a blast exploring our mountain paradise on horseback through our well-maintained trails. We also offer full boarding services, horseback riding lessons, and premier riding rings and arenas.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, one of the most scenic drives in the country, for unforgettable family getaways and stunning NC mountain views. Stop at overlooks for stunning views, go for short hikes, and enjoy a family picnic surrounded by nature.
- Tweetsie Railroad: Visit Tweetsie Railroad, a Wild West-themed amusement park in Blowing Rock, for memorable adventures for guests of all ages. Enjoy train rides, amusement rides, and live entertainment, making it a perfect destination for family getaways in NC.
- Wilkes Heritage Museum: Learn about the local history with your loved ones at the Wilkes Heritage Museum in Wilkesboro. The museum features exhibits and artifacts that provide insights into the region’s heritage and bring the past back to life.