If you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for a hiking adventure in Boone, NC, you’ve come to the right place. The Boone area is home to some of the most heavenly and challenging hiking trails in NC. Whether you’re already a seasoned hiker or just starting out, you’ll find a thrilling adventure hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains. That’s why the Leatherwood Mountains Resort team put together our favorite hiking trails in the Boone area for you to explore.
Leatherwood Mountains Resort is one of the most picturesque mountain resorts in North Carolina and is the perfect place to rest your head during your hiking adventure. You can enjoy our mountain resort’s tranquility in the charming and affordable Ferguson, NC. There are also plenty of larger nearby cities and towns to explore. Pack your backpack, grab your hiking boots, and get ready to hit the hiking trails near Boone, NC!
Hiking Trails at Leatherwood Mountains Resort
Leatherwood Mountains Resort has 75 miles of hiking trails for our guests to explore. While you journey on one of our thrilling trails, you will see incredible views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and bubbling creeks. Leatherwood Mountains Resort has many access points to the award-winning Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail has been named in Blue Ridge Outdoors and Backpacker Magazine for its 300 miles of exceptional trail quality in North Carolina. There are also plenty of other hiking trails near Leatherwood Mountains Resort in the Boone area.
The 4 Best Hiking Trails in the Boone, NC, Area
- Goshen River Trail: This is a lovely 3.1-mile out-and-back long hiking trail in Boone, NC. Enjoy a peaceful stroll with pleasant views of the nearby creek and lush woods.
- Boone Fork Trail: This is a 5.2 miles long loop with some of the best hiking views in the area. Enjoy breathtaking views of creeks, waterfalls, and tunnels.
- Elk Knob Summit Trail: This 3.8-mile hiking trail brings you to the top of the 5520 feet tall Elk Knob. This is by far among the most breathtaking hiking views in the area!
- Bass Lake Loop: This is one of the easiest hiking trails in the Boone, NC, area but features gorgeous views. This is a 1-mile long loop by the stunning Bass Lake.
Book your Boone, NC, hiking adventure today with Leatherwood Mountains Resort!
Leatherwood Mountains Resort is a small family-run residential community & vacation resort where guests can escape the hustle and grind of modern life. Let your cares fade with unspoiled views of the lush Blue Ridge Mountain forest. You get the best of both worlds at Leatherwood Mountains Resort because you can enjoy the stunning natural beauty and luxurious amenities. You can also explore the bigger cities and towns that surround us like Boone, Blowing Rock, and Winston-Salem. Leatherwood Mountains Resort is best known for being a horse lover’s paradise, but there are also plenty of excellent North Carolina ski resorts nearby.
The premium Leatherwood Mountains Resort location draws in visitors year-round. Leatherwood Mountains Resort is an ideal vacation destination every season and a substantial investment for our homeowners from generated rental income. Whether you’re searching for romantic getaways in the NC Blue Ridge Mountains, NC cabin resorts, or a chance to get away this winter, Leatherwood Mountains Resort has what you’re looking for. Keep reading to learn about the best North Carolina ski resorts to check out during your stay.
Explore the 4 Best North Carolina Ski Resorts in the Area
- Appalachian Ski Mountain – Blowing Rock, NC: This is one of the best North Carolina ski resorts in the Blue Ridge Mountains area and is just a little over a half-hour drive from Leatherwood Mountains Resort. This was one of the first ski resorts in Northwestern North Carolina and is one of the oldest ski resorts in the entire state! Head to this spot for skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating fun! You’ll have the best time at this North Carolina ski resort which features twelve slopes, including two terrain parks, a double chairlift, two quad chair lifts, two conveyor lifts, and a one-handle-pull lift.
- Sugar Mountain Resort – Banner Elk, NC: Have the best North Carolina getaway at this ski resort, only an hour’s drive from Leatherwood Mountains Resort. Come here to enjoy snow tubing, snowshoeing tours, skiing, snowboarding, and a 10,000-square-foot outdoor ice skating rink.
- Beech Mountain Resort – Banner Elk, NC: Head to one of the best North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains ski resorts. Enjoy a winter wonderland with sledding, snowshoeing trails, skiing, snow tubing, snowboarding, and ice skating. This spot is around a half-hour drive from Leatherwood Mountains Resort.
- Hawksnest Snow Tubing – Seven Devils, NC: If skiing and snowboarding are too intense, luckily, this snow tubing park is only a one-hour drive from Leatherwood Mountains Resort. This is the largest snow tubing park in the Southeast, with 30 different lanes to try out. The snow tubing lanes can range from 400 to 1,000 feet long. This spot is fun for the whole family, with kids ages three and up!