Experience a Hidden Gem of Blue Ridge Mountain Resorts
Leatherwood Mountains Resort is a hidden treasure of Blue Ridge Mountain resorts and is surrounded by so many thrilling natural and man-made wonders to explore. Whether you are looking for romantic NC getaways or a memorable family vacation, the Blue Ridge Mountains are calling to you to come to experience their charm. Leatherwood Mountains Resort has a premium selection of cabins that skillfully mix the finest modern luxuries with the unmatched natural beauty of the great NC outdoors to host your stay.
3 Reasons We’re a Hidden Gem of Blue Ridge Mountain Resorts
1. There Are Bigger Cities To Explore Nearby
Leatherwood Mountains Resort is a charming paradise hidden away in the Blue Ridge Mountains foothills. However, there are plenty of bigger cities nearby that tend to be more expensive to stay in. We are a hidden gem among Blue Ridge Mountain resorts, surrounded by endless opportunities for adventure.
Blowing Rock, NC, is a little over a half-hour drive from Leatherwood Mountains Resort and features many thrilling attractions we outlined in another blog post, The Top Things To Do in Blowing Rock, NC. Visit The Blowing Rock, one of the oldest natural attractions in North Carolina, or Mystery Hill, where the laws of physics behave a little weirdly. Boone, NC, is also just around a half-hour drive away and is the ideal place for a hiking adventure. If you are up for a road trip, Asheville, NC, is around an hour-and-a-half-long journey. Asheville is known for its lively art scene and breathtaking architecture.
2. We Are an Equestrian Paradise
The Leatherwood Mountains Resort Equine Center is a serene equestrian paradise and a big part of what makes us a treasure among Blue Ridge Mountain resorts. Enjoy the outdoor horseback riding ring, 60 boarding service stalls, and a lighted and covered horseback riding arena. Sign up for one of our top-notch horseback riding training lessons. Or watch one of our shows that have featured stars like Julie Goodnight.
3. Experience the Blue Ridge Mountains in a Private Home Rental
Leatherwood Mountains Resort has an incredible selection of spacious and luxurious cabin rentals with breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the comfort of your cabin’s balcony or hot tub, you will find tranquility, inspiration, and a true sense of wonder that transcends mere words. No experience can match what staying in one of the Blue Ridge Mountains resorts feels like.
Book your trip to Leatherwood Mountains Resort today for an experience you will never forget!
Experience the North Wilkesboro Speedway All-Star Race
Although NASCAR hosts races all over the U.S., only the North Wilkesboro Speedway is large enough to host their annual All-Star Race. Participants can only qualify for the All-Star Race by winning a NASCAR championship, Spring Cup race, or one of the past All-Star Races. The All-Star Race is on May 21, but there are fun events all week long. Read this guide by Leatherwood Mountains Resort to learn more about the All-Star Race 2023 schedule.
Leatherwood Mountains Resort is among the premier North Carolina mountain resorts nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Take a gander at our luxurious home vacation rentals with breathtaking views. If you are among the many souls who can’t leave our equestrian paradise behind, you can invest in a vacation home. Leatherwood Mountains Resort offers an exceptional rental management program and over 35 years of experience in welcoming travelers to the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains.
The North Wilkesboro Speedway All-Star Race Schedule
Get the party started on Friday, May 19, 2023, with All-Star Friday. Watch the stars from the Craftsman Truck Series and NASCAR Cup Series return to the track after almost 27 years. You will also be able to enjoy country music performances from the Grammy-nominated band Midland and the multi-Platinum-certified Chase Rice.
On Saturday, May 20, 2023, you can watch the Tyson 250. Watch the NASCAR Craftsman Trucks during their return to the North Wilkesboro Speedway.
The North Wilkesboro Speedway All-Star Race
On Sunday, May 21, 2023, is the event you’ve all been waiting for. The North Wilkesboro Speedway All-Star Race will be an event you won’t want to miss!
Get Your Tickets to the NASCAR All-Star Race 75th Anniversary
In 1947 William H.G. France realized that something needed to change with stock-car racing if it would become the professional sport we all know and love today. Thanks to his vision, what started as a small Southeastern activity has now become one of the most popular professional sports in the world. Don’t miss the NASCAR 75th All-Star Race season at North Wilkesboro Speedway. Get your tickets today!
Book your stay in time at Leatherwood Mountains Resort for the North Wilkesboro Speedway All-Star Race!
The Top Things To Do in Blowing Rock, NC
The Blue Ridge Mountains will enchant all who venture near with their magnetizing bluish haze. This area is known for having some of the most breathtaking outdoor adventures in the country. Leatherwood Mountains Resort in the charming town of Ferguson, NC, is among the best North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain resorts for those who crave an authentic travel experience rather than tourist traps.
Please browse through our stunning selection of spacious vacation rentals with unbelievable views. Once the Blue Ridge Mountains enter your soul, it’s hard to stay away. Check out our available real estate and top-notch rental program if you feel the Blue Ridge Mountains calling you. Keep reading to learn more about some fun things to do in the nearby town of Blowing Rock, NC, during your stay.
Our 7 Favorite Things To Do in Blowing Rock, NC
- The Blowing Rock: Visit one of the oldest and most popular travel attractions in North Carolina. The iconic Blowing Rock towers above Johns River Gorge at an extraordinary 4,000 ft. above sea level.
- Moses H. Cone Memorial Park: Visiting what was once the summer retreat for textile entrepreneur Moses H. Cone is one of the popular things for travelers to do in Blowing Rock, NC. Take a tour of the Flat Top Manor, explore the carriage trails and family cemetery on the estate grounds, and hike the Moses Cone Park Trails.
- Tweetsie Railroad: Experience the Wild West at this incredible theme park that’s open seasonally. Enjoy train rides, live entertainment, amusement rides, a petting zoo, and other fun activities.
- Julian Price Park: Visiting this park is one of our favorite things to do in Blowing Rock, NC, during the summer. Enjoy a day of water sports on the 47-acre Price Lake. Or you can enjoy hiking the Blue Ridge Mountains and the lovely ever-flowing Boone Fork Creek.
- Blowing Rock Art and History Museum: This is a free and fun activity you can enjoy during your vacation. Explore a lovely array of rotating exhibits and hands-on workshops.
- Mystery Hill: Heading to Mystery Hill is one of the unique things to do in Blowing Rock, NC. Experience mysterious but natural wonders at Natural Gravitational Anomaly, where the laws of physics behave a little differently than normal. Explore the Hall of Mystery with optical illusions and hands-on science fun. Learn about the history and folk stories of the Appalachian Mountains at the 1903 Dougherty House: Appalachian Heritage Museum. These fun activities are just a few wonders you can enjoy at Mystery Hill.
- Doc’s Rocks Gem Mine: One of the best things to do in Blowing Rock, NC, is to learn about the Appalachian Mountains’ geology with engaging activities. Search for treasure in authentic mine ore or enjoy some dinosaur-themed mini-golf.
Book your stay today at Leatherwood Mountains Resort for the adventure of a lifetime!