Embarking on romantic getaways in the scenic NC Blue Ridge Mountains offers many delightful experiences to share with your significant other. Tucked within the breathtaking beauty of this region, Leatherwood Mountains Resort provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable romantic getaway with a lovely selection of cabins and other vacation rental options. Keep reading, and you’ll see for yourself why we are among the best North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain resorts for a romantic retreat!
5 Things To Do During Romantic Getaways in the NC Mountains
- Scenic Horseback Riding: Leatherwood Mountains Resort is a slice of equestrian paradise for romantic getaways in the foothills of the NC Blue Ridge Mountains. Explore the majestic landscape hand in hand with your loved one on guided horseback rides, allowing you to immerse yourselves in the tranquility of nature while creating lasting memories. We also offer boarding stalls with options that allow you to camp with your horses.
- Picnic Date: Escape to a remote spot in Leatherwood Mountains Resort or one of the nearby parks with a picnic basket filled with delectable treats. Whether it’s under the shade of a towering tree or beside a babbling brook, couples enjoy each other’s company amidst the serenity of the NC Blue Ridge Mountains on a romantic picnic date.
- Hiking Adventures: Embark on a romantic trek through the picturesque trails near Leatherwood Mountains Resort. Our guests and residents are free to explore over 75 miles of hiking trails during their romantic getaways in the NC Blue Ridge Mountains. There are several access points from the resort area to access the award-winning Appalachian Trail. There are also some great hiking trails in Boone.
- Romantic Spa Day: Treat you and your sweetheart to a pampering spa day at one of the nearby spas. Some great nearby spas are Heavenly Touch Day Spa and Lavender Fields Salon.
- Wine Tasting: Savor the flavors of the Boone High Country with a wine-tasting experience. Couples can visit nearby wineries and vineyards during their romantic getaways to sample a variety of exquisite wines, accompanied by scenic views of the NC Blue Ridge Mountains. Piccione Vineyards, Raffaldini Vineyards, and Old Barn Winery are some great nearby options.