The Blue Ridge Mountains will enchant all who venture near with their magnetizing bluish haze. This area is known for having some of the most breathtaking outdoor adventures in the country. Leatherwood Mountains Resort in the charming town of Ferguson, NC, is among the best North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountain resorts for those who crave an authentic travel experience rather than tourist traps.
Please browse through our stunning selection of spacious vacation rentals with unbelievable views. Once the Blue Ridge Mountains enter your soul, it’s hard to stay away. Check out our available real estate and top-notch rental program if you feel the Blue Ridge Mountains calling you. Keep reading to learn more about some fun things to do in the nearby town of Blowing Rock, NC, during your stay.
Our 7 Favorite Things To Do in Blowing Rock, NC
- The Blowing Rock: Visit one of the oldest and most popular travel attractions in North Carolina. The iconic Blowing Rock towers above Johns River Gorge at an extraordinary 4,000 ft. above sea level.
- Moses H. Cone Memorial Park: Visiting what was once the summer retreat for textile entrepreneur Moses H. Cone is one of the popular things for travelers to do in Blowing Rock, NC. Take a tour of the Flat Top Manor, explore the carriage trails and family cemetery on the estate grounds, and hike the Moses Cone Park Trails.
- Tweetsie Railroad: Experience the Wild West at this incredible theme park that’s open seasonally. Enjoy train rides, live entertainment, amusement rides, a petting zoo, and other fun activities.
- Julian Price Park: Visiting this park is one of our favorite things to do in Blowing Rock, NC, during the summer. Enjoy a day of water sports on the 47-acre Price Lake. Or you can enjoy hiking the Blue Ridge Mountains and the lovely ever-flowing Boone Fork Creek.
- Blowing Rock Art and History Museum: This is a free and fun activity you can enjoy during your vacation. Explore a lovely array of rotating exhibits and hands-on workshops.
- Mystery Hill: Heading to Mystery Hill is one of the unique things to do in Blowing Rock, NC. Experience mysterious but natural wonders at Natural Gravitational Anomaly, where the laws of physics behave a little differently than normal. Explore the Hall of Mystery with optical illusions and hands-on science fun. Learn about the history and folk stories of the Appalachian Mountains at the 1903 Dougherty House: Appalachian Heritage Museum. These fun activities are just a few wonders you can enjoy at Mystery Hill.
- Doc’s Rocks Gem Mine: One of the best things to do in Blowing Rock, NC, is to learn about the Appalachian Mountains’ geology with engaging activities. Search for treasure in authentic mine ore or enjoy some dinosaur-themed mini-golf.